NEJ Stevenson are world renowned designers and manufacturers of bespoke furniture and architectural joinery and honoured to have been cabinetmakers to The Queen and Royal Warrant holders. The company has developed a reputation for crafting the finest contemporary and heritage furniture. From individual pieces to entire room interiors NEJ Stevenson’s furniture can be found within luxurious private residences, historic buildings, places of worship and high-end retail spaces.
Details of NEJ Stevenson Apprenticeship Programme
- Extended periods of training in the workshop within each department learning to select timber and veneers, understand construction, machinery and finishing.
- Gain competency in using basic machinery and power tools as well as learning construction techniques and hand skills.
- Learn the importance of accuracy, attention to detail and the importance of thorough preparation prior to the finishing process.
- Learn how to mix stains and apply primers and topcoat spray lacquers.
- You will be required to undertake some learning tasks in your own time and during specific periods in the working weeks.
- You will gain a Furniture manufacturer Level 2 apprenticeship Standard.
On successful completion of your apprenticeship and in discussion with the Production Director you will be offered a role in keeping with your level of ability this will usually be as a trainee role but could be as junior cabinetmaker, machinist or polisher.
As you become more skilled you can progress to being a Lead craftsman with the possibility of taking on skilled supervisory roles or moving into a specialist skills position such as a CNC operator or draughtsperson.
Our next intake for the Apprenticeship Programme will be in 2024.
For More information on the Apprenticeship programme please contact our office on (0) 2476 544 662