NEJ Stevenson have an exciting opportunity for a Cabinet Maker to join their growing team based in Church Lawford, near Rugby.
We are a privately owned, Midlands based furniture manufacturer delivering exceptional bespoke high quality, freestanding and fitted furniture to our varied clients.
Since 1992 we have worked continuously with the Royal Household becoming Royal Warrant Holders in 2003. Other clients include conservation charities, English Heritage and The National Trust, as well as public schools, interior designers, architects and construction companies and some private clients.
We work on a variety of projects, varying from small individual pieces to large architectural installations in high end residential properties and in many styles from contemporary to historic.
As an experienced Cabinet Maker, you must be highly skilled and forward thinking in regards to working effectively and efficiently. You will need to have the drive and confidence to lead projects either on your own or with a small team of makers. You will be passionate about your work, with excellent attention to detail. You will also be highly organised and methodical and have a demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a top-quality finish.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
– An understanding of design and a fine eye for detail.
– Reading detailed construction drawings in paper and digital formats.
– High-level practical furniture and joinery skills.
– Able to operate a wide variety of wood machines and to have operational qualifications.
– Experience and knowledge of a wide variety of timbers, veneers and manufactured boards and sub straights.
– Experience using and applying secondary materials such as decorative metal trims and inlays, glass and leather etc.
– A good knowledge of cabinet jointing and assembly with up to date fixings using power tool jointers.
– A good knowledge of using and installing modern fittings, drawer runners, hinges and architectural ironmongery.
– A good knowledge of operating power tools.
– Skills in veneering including, selection, cutting, jointing and pressing using a hydraulic press and bag press.
– Attending project handover meetings and training programs as required.
– Maintenance of a safe, clean and organised working environment.
– Compliance with all Health and Safety requirements of products, applications and environment.
– The highest quality of customer service standards.
– Quality control.
– High personal standards of work and presentation.
– Excellent planning, organisation and prioritisation skills.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills.
– A full UK driving license.
– Performance of additional duties within the business as required and as assigned.
Expressions of interest should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following with your application:
- Curriculum Vitae